Sunday, November 14, 2010

70 degrees in November?

Hey everyone! Yes it warmed up a bit over the past week. In fact some of the afternoons were absolutely perfect with temperatures in the low 70's. That combined with the beautiful fall colors being displayed from each tree has made early November absolutely gorgeous here at camp.

Last Monday we had our first two games of the flag football season for the guys at camp. We won both! Who would have expected a team named "The Blob!" to come into the league and start out 2-0. It was definitely an exciting way to start the week and I'm excited to be able to look forward to each Monday with these great men on staff.

On Thursday I had the day off, because of the Veterans Day Holiday. I couldn't pass up the opportunity for a holiday barbecue, so we fired up the grill at our adult guest housing and cooked some hot dogs and hamburgers for everyone. These treats combined with Octavia's potato salad made for a great meal for all.

Speaking of intern meals, I'm getting excited for our intern thanksgiving meal we're putting together this coming Thursday evening. I'll be preparing and cooking my first ever turkey. Hopefully all goes well. I'm also excited for dishes such as sweet potato casserole, pecan pie, and mashed potatoes. It will be a great meal to share as a intern community, before we all head home to family and friends for a similar meal a week later.

Well, I hope you enjoyed a quick glance at what's going on here at SharpTop Cove. Have a great week! Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment