Monday, July 26, 2010

Embracing the Love of Christ...



Hey everyone. This is week four of our second session here at camp. It's crazy that Saturday morning we will be saying goodbye to this month's summer staff, work crew, and assigned team and then saying hello to a brand new crew for our third and final session. Along with transitioning to a new staff, we will also be going back to WyldLife (middle school) camping for the final three weeks. This means going back to a slightly different menu in the kitchen, a slightly different program throughout the week, and shorter camp weeks in general (5 days instead of 7).




It will be exciting to head to session 3, but I know I will definitely miss my four AM cooks I have had the privilege to work with this past month. Their hunger to grow in Christ and their amazing work ethic each morning has been tremendously encouraging to me. With only four days left before they leave, and only just a few weeks for myself here at camp, I really want to focus and be intentional on every moment of each day. My prayer is that I will not let a moment or opportunity pass by to be intentional and relational to each person I encounter.




Christ is the perfect example of being incredibly intentional in relationships with those around him. And, being at camp this summer has reminded me of the many times I have sat in the club room here at TWL and have heard the presentation of the gospel to kids and leaders. Even though I have heard the story of the cross many times, each time I am almost brought to tears by Jesus' love for us through his death. My amazement continues when I think about the thousands of adolescents who have heard the same story this summer.




My prayer is that I can focus on the love of Christ in each moment of my last few weeks here at camp. I hope to constantly find ways to express this love to those around me. What a shame it would be if the story of Christ's love for us simply was a "good story that helped us get an emotional high on occasion." As believers it should always be our motivation to exhibit this love throughout our day. I encourage you to read through 1 John 3-4 to read more on this and then think about how this can be your focus in your daily life as well.
Be in prayer for the remainder of this second session and for the safe arrival of staff, volunteers, and campers this weekend for session 3. Blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment