Monday, September 13, 2010

Oh Sweet Georgia...

Another week has passed here at SharpTop Cove. Things have been really busy, as we have a ton of groups arriving this month for school and church retreats. This upcoming weekend we will be hosting a church group of over nine hundred students! Crazy! This past week though we were able to host a Young Life region's family camp and also a couple Christian school groups.

I have begun to be more and more comfortable with my jobs at hand. I'm learning more and more the expectations through housekeeping and keeping this camp looking excellent as new groups arrive. Also, I have really enjoyed being in charge of the rides such as the climbing wall, giant swing, and zip-line. It was a busy last week, but I think we were all able to find joy through all of our hard work.

One blessing for our intern group was that there were no groups here over the weekend, so we all had a couple days off. A few of the interns traveled to see family and friends. I was able to stay around camp and really enjoy spending time in community with the others that remained at STC. Patrick, a year-long from Colorado, and I relaxed after work Friday with some fishing in the lake. Then, a few of us interns went out to the Young Life tailgate at the local high school football game.

Saturday I went for a run through some of the trails here at camp. I love being able to enjoy God's beauty through creation as I run and also being able to explore areas of camp property I have not seen before. I was able to put my culinary skills to the test around lunch time when I fixed some grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup for the interns. Then, after some pickup volleyball and basketball between four of us, I turned on the Michigan football game and enjoyed seeing the Wolverines rise up victorious over Notre Dame behind the feet and arm of Denard Robinson.

Sunday morning was refreshing as we all were able to utilize our morning off by going to church together in the nearby town of Ellijay. The church was called the Orchard and had just moved into their new locaton of the local middle school. I really enjoyed how welcoming everyone was; the worship and message were also very enriching and Christ-centered. Then, later yesterday after watching a bit of the NFL games, six of us (Erin from Mattawan, MI, Ocatavia from FL, Patrick, Luke from IL, Thomas a 2009 year-long from VA, and myself) went to Atlanta to see the Braves vs. Cardinals game at Turner Field. Before the game we walked over a couple miles to find a restaurant to eat at. But, through a local recommendation we found a great local gem called Six-Feet under which had some amazing catfish, burgers, and more. After eating, we walked back to the stadium and had fun watching the game, even though Albert Pujols and his Cardinals defeated the Braves 7-3.

All in all this weekend was a ton of fun and exactly what I needed as we head into another busy week at camp. I've added a few pictures down below of the camp, Sharp Top Mountain, and of the game last night. But, I have a ton more so feel free to follow the link below to check out all of the pictures I have taken so far here in GA. Blessings!








No comments:

Post a Comment