Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Week One has arrived!







The campers have arrived! Sunday, after months of anticipation, the first WyldLife summer camp week began here at Timber Wolf Lake. It was fun seeing all of the kids run off their respective charter busses and be welcomed by enthusiastic work crew and program members. As the week has gone on, I have enjoyed being able to watch these middle schoolers enjoy many of the activities, clubs, free time, and of course food that Timber Wolf has to offer.
It's going to take some adjustment for sure now serving over 500 people each week in the kitchen. Long days can be tiring, but I know that it will get easier as I find more of a rythym and get more familiar with our meals' recipees. It has helped a ton having great summer staff serving with me in the AM too. For the most part I have four college aged staff I supervised (Annie, Brett, Nicole, and Mitch). They have been great and have picked up on the ways of the kitchen really fast (sometimes even faster than me, haha ;). I'm looking forward to continue working and getting to know them during the next three weeks.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow evening, because the interns will meet again for the second time this summer for our small group time. The guys are reading Donald Miller's latest book, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years. Just started reading the first four chapters, but it's looking like it should be a pretty good read. Also, on my own time I have been really enjoying Tony Dungee's first book, Quiet Strength. As a football fan, I love reading about Tony's journey through the football world, trying to continue to be a man of integrity and doing things the right way in both his work and family life.

Well, that's all for now folks (cue the looney tunes theme music). Enjoy the above pictures of where I work, the kitchen. And continue to keep in touch!

Brandon Tschirhart
Timber Wolf Lake
4909 North Morey Road
Lake City, MI 49651

No comments:

Post a Comment